To train staff to the highest possible standards of competence and integrity and to respect human right and dignity as provided for under Article 244 (d) of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010.
1. To enhance the capacity of police officers in all field of policing.
2. To research on policing techniques.
3. To initiate the development and evaluation of a training curriculum.
4. To incorporate all contemporary technologies in policing
5. Provide senior officers leadership and command training.
6. To set senior staff in-service trainees examinations.
7. To undertake research on policing matters
8. To run rehabilitation programmes for police officers